Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 16:41:53 +0100

> With Emacs 28 (-Q), the active minibuffer is moved from frame F1 to
> frame F2 at step (iii), _before_ you answer the C-x 8 RET. That is,
> the active minibuffer is moved from frame F1 to frame F2 whenever you
> switch from frame F1 to frame F2.
>
> With Emacs 21-27, this happens only at step (iv), _after_ you hit C-x
> 8 RET.  That is, the active minibuffer is moved from frame F1 to frame
> F2 only when you activate a new minibuffer on frame F2.

I understand you now.  With Emacs 27 the minibuffer window moves lazily
- that is, only when it's needed on some other frame - with Emacs 28 it
moves eagerly.  That doesn't look like a change for the better.  Alan,
couldn't we try to do that by giving 'minibuffer-follows-selected-frame'
a third value like 'on-demand and move only when the user really wants
to interact with the minibuffer on another frame?

martin