Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 19:35:17 +0100

>> - Optionally, tie the frame where a minibuffer interaction was initiated to
that minibuffer and when the ensuing action is performed, make that frame the
selected one.

> Isn't this what minibuffer-follows-selected-frame t is supposed to do?
(Except that the frame is not automatically selected.)

With 'minibuffer-follows-selected-frame' non-nil, the remainder of
'switch-to-buffer' simply runs on the frame where the prompt is answered
which is not necessarily the frame where C-x b was issued initially.

> My feeling is also that "minibuffer-follows-selected-frame" is not a
> good generic name for all these behaviors.

We have worse ones.

martin