Re: Mouse-hovering over 'mouse-face' overlays/regions on a TTY Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Mouse-hovering over 'mouse-face' overlays/regions on a TTY Emacs
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 18:43:27 +0200

> From: João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com>
> Cc: Jared Finder <jared@finder.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 16:25:37 +0000
>
> To recap, help-echo works fine, but mouse-face is somehow missing (on
> TTY only).

It works for me on the w32 TTY, so something else is at work here.
More debugging is needed, I think.  Specifically, note_mouse_highlight
is supposed to redraw some of the glyphs with the mouse-face.  If the
function is called, please step through it and try to figure out why
the redrawing doesn't happen -- what prevents that?