Re: POLL: make C-x o transient

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: POLL: make C-x o transient
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 01:11:18 -0500

I have not been following the details of this, but I have a general
point to make.

The reason one-key repeat features are worth their weight in
complexity is because repeating some commands is very common,
so the savings of reducing it to one key is much appreciated.

Invoking the command again with different arguments is not so common,
and the reduction in keystrokes is not so much.  I think it is not
worth its weight.  At least, not for the default command bindings.

--
Dr Richard Stallman