Re: [feature/native-comp] breakage on build

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: [feature/native-comp] breakage on build
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 20:33:30 +0000

>> 1- We merge HASH1 and HASH3
>>
>>   - In this case everything will work as of now but certain operations
>>     will become more difficult, the typical example is manually removing
>>     all the eln left by an old Emacs configuration that is not anymore
>>     in use (me and others do this quite often).
>
> Can we erase those files based on their `mtime` instead
> (maybe comparing their `mtime` to that of the `emacs` executable)?

Mmmh not really, eln files are created on demand.  I could have 2
Emacsen one used from 1st Jan to 1st Feb and the other one used from
15th Jan to 15th Feb.  The day I want to get rid of the eln from the 1st
Emacs would be hard to distinguish them based only on the mtime.

I suspect removing the hash1 directory would only introduce issues while
I must say to me is unclear which issue we'd solved.

Regards

  Andrea