Re: prettify-symbols-mode to handle "\alpha-\beta" ...

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: prettify-symbols-mode to handle "\alpha-\beta" ...
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 05:21:14 +0100

We should find the best way to do this rather than a hack
that is likely to be rejected by emacs-devel.  pretty-symbols
is a good candidate for this because it is intended for use
with general programming modes.  Texinfo has today evolved
like a programming language with its support for plain-tex
and commands for mathjax.

Whilst texinfo.el takes care of texinfo commands, it completely
disregards the use of tex constructs and the focus on displaying
mathematical expressions within texinfo.

Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy