Re: prettify-symbols-mode to handle "\alpha-\beta" ...

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: prettify-symbols-mode to handle "\alpha-\beta" ...
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 19:15:01 +0100

> Sent: Friday, February 05, 2021 at 4:12 AM
> From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: "Óscar Fuentes" <ofv@wanadoo.es>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: prettify-symbols-mode to handle "\alpha-\beta" ...
>
> > We should find the best way to do this rather than a hack
> > that is likely to be rejected by emacs-devel.
>
> I don't know what hack you're referring to.

The way I see it, is that the improvement should be put in
prog-mode.el, and then the other major modes can rely on
prog-mode.el fon a minor mode that implements the prettify
functionality.

We need to get to some degree of agreement, as I
do not wish that people end up doing work of no
value to emacs.