Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 14:36:50 +0200

On 05.02.2021 09:11, Sean Whitton wrote:
You can do whatever you want.  For example, I have an elisp function to
mute (== any new messages to the thread are marked as read immediately)
all unread threads I haven't touched, but avoid muting threads where I
read messages, so I'll see new messages that later come into those
threads.  That's just one example; if you're willing to write the elisp
you can probably make it happen.

The common objection here is that bug#46151 started about one thing (upon which a number of people would be willing to mute it), but then concluded with something pretty different.