Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 14:39:02 +0200

> Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 12:07:48 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>
> cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > These data points suggest that usurping these keys may not be easy, to
> > say the least.
>
> The meaning of the proposal is that the benefit of such a single change
> is, in the long term, largely superior to its loss in the short term.

I'm just not sure enough people will share your opinion to make it
possible to do such a change.  But that's me; and for my personal
usage I don't really care too much about changes in key bindings
because it's all too easy to override any defaults I don't like (e.g.,
I have my private key binding for "C-x g").  But others evidently care
a lot.