Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 07:23:18 -0800

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> Yes, it is unavoidable that some people will be against changing a
> binding.  I have no preference between the three proposed keys, and
> anticipated that there would be more objections against using "t" for that
> purpose.  If we put "t" aside, there are still two other options: "z" and
> "o".

FWIW, I would not like to see C-o change as I use it daily.  But I could
live with it as I can rebind it locally.  It would be too bad that we
would then lose the nice symmetry between `C-o' and `C-x C-o'.

I'm in favour of rebinding C-z to exactly one thing: `undo'.  It would
IMO be very unfortunate if we do rebind it yet miss out on the
opportunity to make Emacs more like other applications.