Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 19:19:47 +0100

On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 07:23:18AM -0800, Stefan Kangas wrote:
Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

I'm in favour of rebinding C-z to exactly one thing: `undo'.  It would
IMO be very unfortunate if we do rebind it yet miss out on the
opportunity to make Emacs more like other applications.

Hi Stefan:

Unless I totally agree with this proposal... it implies that there will
be two changes: 1) (Re)Moving undo from where it is and 2) putting it in
C-z...

I proposed that some months ago and it started another war due to the
concept of "emacs does not have to be like other applications" but also
"use cua mode" they said.

So if this is accepted I will be totally in favor of the change... but I
don't think it will be approved.