Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 10:56:15 +0100

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> It seems the least controversial among all variants would be
> `C-x r e' where "re" is the prefix of the command "re"vert-buffer
> that is also free on the `C-x r' map and easier to type than `C-x r v'.

I like `C-x r e' -- it has pretty good mnemonics, and it's not too
cumbersome to type.

I also like the idea of adding a new prefix command for buffer-related
commands.  The list of proposed commands we could bind there was pretty
compelling -- it had a whole bunch of commands that (I think) people use
somewhat frequently, and grouping them that way will help with
discovery, I think.

`C-x x' seems to be in the running here, and is pretty
convenient to type.  If we go with `C-x x', then I guess `C-x x g' would
be the binding for `revert-buffer', I guess?  (To mimic the `g' in
special-mode-map.)

I asked whether `C-x x' had been claimed by any major package, and I
didn't see any response to that, so I'm guessing not?

So I'm going to do the `C-x x' thing, I think.