Re: gnus/nnimap: Search broke again?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gnus/nnimap: Search broke again?
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 18:05:23 -0500

> I added a couple of cl-declare special to my nnimap gmail searcher and
> it's now returning results
> https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/blob/master/lisp/gm-nnir.el#L134

So you're saying this change on your side fixes the problem for you?

I don't understand: this `gm-nnir` is not part of the code I converted
to lexical-binding.  The change your URL points seems to fix a problem
in your code, indeed, but I can't see why this problem would have
appeared at the same time as my changes.

I do notice something odd also in that change of yours: why do you
`cl-declare` as a special var `gnus-group-group-name` which is
a function (and which you indeed don't use as a variable either)?

        Stefan