Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: hiddenquote.el

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: hiddenquote.el
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 10:07:39 +0300

* Mauro Aranda <maurooaranda@gmail.com> [2021-01-28 01:11]:
> Prompted by this post:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-01/msg00946.html
>
> I decided to polish my private package for doing a word puzzle that I
> really like, and made it public.  It can be found here:
> https://gitlab.com/mauroaranda/hiddenquote/hiddenquote
>
> I don't know of any english sources for this kind of word puzzles, but I
> put together 4 sample puzzles so people can see if they like it.  The 4
> puzzles can be retrieved locally, but if there is enough interest I'll
> try to keep adding puzzles that can be downloaded via the internet.
>
> I'd like to know if this package would be welcome as an ELPA
> package.

That is very nice package, entertaining.

I think it requires a wizard function to create puzzles by users for
other users. Does that exist? Then we can start creating puzzles.

I would prefer that puzzle definition file is in the Emacs Lisp data
format and not other format. Can that be done?

I would also prefer to be able to switch to the *Hidden Puzzle*
buffer by using `windmove-up' function or C-x o. But it does not
work. Why not? In that window are words which user might want to
access by using dictionary. But they cannot be accessed. Moving into
that window works by mouse but not by keys, so why not enable keys?

Jean