Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: hiddenquote.el

From: Mauro Aranda
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: hiddenquote.el
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 09:16:48 -0300

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Mauro Aranda <maurooaranda@gmail.com> [2021-01-28 01:11]:

>> I'd like to know if this package would be welcome as an ELPA
>> package.
>
> That is very nice package, entertaining.

Thank you.

> I think it requires a wizard function to create puzzles by users for
> other users. Does that exist? Then we can start creating puzzles.

I have an ELisp program to create puzzles, but it needs a lot more work
before it can be published.

> I would prefer that puzzle definition file is in the Emacs Lisp data
> format and not other format. Can that be done?

It can be done; in fact, I used eieio-persistent when I wrote it for
myself.  However, I don't see many advantages of going back to that
format now, specially for distributing puzzles.

> I would also prefer to be able to switch to the *Hidden Puzzle*
> buffer by using `windmove-up' function or C-x o. But it does not
> work. Why not? In that window are words which user might want to
> access by using dictionary. But they cannot be accessed. Moving into
> that window works by mouse but not by keys, so why not enable keys?

Do you mean the Definitions window? I put a non-nil no-other-window
parameter to that window, so it's quicker to C-x o to the Syllables
window to mark syllables as used.  But I can see how that can be
undesirable at times, so at the very least I'll make it customizable.

Thanks for taking a look.