Re: Cleaning out old X11 toolkits?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Cleaning out old X11 toolkits?
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 09:51:52 +0200

> Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 00:49:29 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> Cc: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>   chad <yandros@gmail.com>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > > So itʼs ~80% GTK, 16% Lucid, and Motif can be removed.
> >
> > Thanks for the analysis, and I agree that if we're going to remove
> > anything Motif seems like the obvious candidate here.
> >
> > One possible thing to take into consideration: Are there any systems
> > (that we care about) where Motif is the only toolkit solution
> > available?
>
> Motif:
> http://www.opengroup.org/desktop/motif.html
>
> CDE:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/cdesktopenv/wiki/Home/
>
> As Motif offers high degree of compatibility for various systems it
> would not be good to remove it for the sake of users on those
> systems.

Which systems are those where Motif is the _only_ toolkit available,
though?  That was the question.  If you have the answer to that
question, or some resource which could provide the answer, please
tell.  I couldn't find the answer on the pages to which you pointed;
did I miss something?  The pages look outdated, btw.