Re: Merging native-comp and pgtk

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Merging native-comp and pgtk
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 09:39:26 +0200

> Cc: emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 21:47:15 +0000
> From:  Andrea Corallo via "Emacs development discussions."
> <emacs-devel@gnu.org>

> This is indeed very demotivational for me and if I can say IMHO probably
> not even completely respectful for all the effort that was spent into.
>
> Aside from my personal feelings I'm sorry to report this my other
> opinion: I'm convinced that if a Free Software project cannot review new
> features is just *not* showing a good health status.
>
> With all the respect, I'm convinced that if the maintainer has no time
> for reviewing just means more maintainers are needed.  Not that
> development should stop, slow down or the burden should be paid by
> contributors.  This is just not an efficient development model.

I apologize for not being able to find more time to devote to the
native-comp branch.  (I did work on it silently by preparing my main
development system to be ready for building the branch, which turned
out to be a non-trivial project, for reasons that will remain unsaid,
as they aren't interesting to anyone but myself.  I also try to speak
up when issues emerge on which I have something useful to say.)

Thank you for your perseverance and all the hard work you invest in
this important feature.  Please don't give up.  We _will_ merge this
branch soon, I hope.