Re: scratch/command 064f146 1/2: Change command to interactive ... modes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: scratch/command 064f146 1/2: Change command to interactive ... modes
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 17:41:41 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>   dgutov@yandex.ru
> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:15:13 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Isn't this a bit premature?  I thought we were still debating how best
> > to implement the annotations?
>
> The discussion seems to have evaporated, so...

Without any conclusions.

I'm still worried about the incompatibility we are introducing into
byte code, and so were a couple of others.  You dismissed those
concerns, and I frankly don't understand how they can be dismissed.

To me, the proposed alternatives sound like a clear win, since the
downsides are non-existent, whereas the advantage is clear.  Why do we
need to insist on introducing bytecode incompatibility?