Re: scratch/command 064f146 1/2: Change command to interactive ... modes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: scratch/command 064f146 1/2: Change command to interactive ... modes
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 16:03:39 -0500

>> Please find attached a patch.
> Hm...  trying this out now, I don't think the compat macro solution
> actually works.  That is, it works fine when byte-compiled, but not in
> non-compiled code.  The reason for this is that `interactive-form' just
> does a `Fassq' on the Lisp form and looks for the Qinteractive symbol.
> Which is won't find if the symbol in `future-interactive'.

As I said, I think it will work whenever the code has been fully
macro-expanded, which happens not just for byte-compilation but also for
`eval-buffer`, or when loading a `.el` file.  We should arguably do it
at most other occasions (e.g. `C-M-x`), but someone will have to write
the corresponding patches.

        Stefan