Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 17:05:18 -0500

>> FWIW, there are other prefix commands than C-u.
>> There's `C-x RET c`.
> I just recalled that I added something I called "Symbolic Prefixes" to
> Gnus in the 90s...  It's bound to `M-i' in Gnus buffers, and you can use
> any char as the prefix.  So `M-i r s' will sort in reverse order (in the
> group buffer).  Or something like that.

Nice.  It'd be great to make it use the `prefix-command-*` thingies so
they appear in the echo-keystrokes and can be combined with other
prefixes like C-u.

        Stefan

PS: I'm not completely satisfied with those `prefix-command-*` thingies,
BTW, so if someone wants to improve them, that'd also be welcome.