Re: Would you say this information window is well designed?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Would you say this information window is well designed?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 20:48:38 +0200

> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 18:37:20 +0000
> From: Peter Dean <laszlomail@protonmail.com>
>
> I mean is it easy to parse? Is it appealing?
>
>     https://i.imgur.com/KIWQE60.png
>
> It could use some spacing (e.g. a newline after the first line
> and Documentation), some colors (e.g. highlight symbols in
> ‘...’), and so on.

Patches are welcome for adding more colors to the *Help* buffers.

As to the newline, we are discussing that, as you are well aware.

> The package Helpful improves the default Help look. Some ideas
> for coloring and formatting could be borrowed from it to make the
> default mode more appealing, less spartan:
>

> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Wilfred/helpful/master/screenshots/helpful.png

I won't object making something like that an optional feature, but
doing this by default is annoying, IMO: it's too much unsolicited
info.  If, after reading the doc string, I want to look up the symbol
in the Info manual, I can do that with 2 keystrokes, I don't need
Emacs to show it to me unconditionally.