Re: Would you say this information window is well designed?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Would you say this information window is well designed?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 23:49:43 +0200

On 22.02.2021 21:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

The only extra info on the screenshot are the "View in manual" button
(which I would imagine you find appealing, given that it will lead more
users to read the manual) and the "References" section, which is not
essential, IMHO. The rest are mostly presentation.

I _was_ talking about those two additions.  (Though we don't see all
of the buffer, only its top, so more surprises could be below.)

Yes, there are more. But I thought we were only discussing the screenshot. To be clear, I'm not advocating for the additions of any of those that would slow down the rendering of the Help buffer.

Though the "key bindings" section is interesting in that is also shows
the keymap where each bindings resides. This would have saved me some
extra debugging efforts in the past.

Each one of these could be useful, but not all of them together, and
not every time.  It's too much.  But as an opt-in feature, why not?

It will be a missed opportunity to teach some new users that they can/should use the manual for more in-depth explanations.

Or that Emacs actually knows more about the function and its symbol.

Anyway, I'll stop here. If you don't think we should push for manual's higher visibility, I certainly don't.