Re: [External] : Re: Would you say this information window is well desig

From: Peter Dean
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Would you say this information window is well designed?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 17:32:09 +0000

> There's no simple explanation, not in terms that would be easily
> understood, unless you are familiar with the implementation details.
> The best I can do is say that our threads don't yield frequently
> enough, nowhere near the frequency that you seem to assume.

Thanks. I thought if a thread calls thread-yield very often (e.g.
in ever iteration of a loop) then it lets the UI process pending
events every time it yields.

But if I understand you correctly, even if the thread calls
thread-yield explicitly, it is not a guaranteed that the UI
processes events and stay responsive.

If this the case then I wonder what the possible uses for threads
are.