Re: [External] : Re: Would you say this information window is well desig

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Would you say this information window is well designed?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 20:26:51 +0200

> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 17:59:08 +0000
> From: Peter Dean <laszlomail@protonmail.com>
> Cc: "drew.adams@oracle.com" <drew.adams@oracle.com>, "stefankangas@gmail.com"
> <stefankangas@gmail.com>, "larsi@gnus.org" <larsi@gnus.org>,
> "dgutov@yandex.ru" <dgutov@yandex.ru>, "emacs-devel@gnu.org"
> <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> Then there could be a refresh rate value (e.g. 15 ms or some other value,
> configurable) and thread-yield could check if the main thread got the lock
> within this time window.
>
> If not then it would give the lock explicitly to the main thread, otherwise
> the next thread gets the lock.

thread-yield runs in the context of the thread that yields.  You make
it sound like there's some entity other than the involved threads
which runs thread-yield, but that's not what happens.

I really suggest to read the code, it is not too large and not hard to
understand how it works.  Then such discussions could be much more
meaningful.