Re: master ff09851: * lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el: Rewrite the code warn

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: master ff09851: * lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el: Rewrite the code warning about '(lambda ...)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 08:28:02 +0000

I really like this change.

Some nitpicks:

> +;; Record which arguments expect functions, so we can warn when those
> +;; are accidentally quoted with ' rather than with #'
> +(dolist (f '(funcall apply mapcar mapatoms mapconcat mapc cl-mapcar maphash))

But not mapcan? There are a few other map* functions which might be eligible.

> +  (put f 'funarg-positions '(1)))

I think that should be `function-put' (paired with `function-get'
above), not `put'.

I'm also in favor of zero-based indexing, so I'd prefer
(function-put f 'funarg-positions '(0)).

At some point when native-comp is merged (soon, I hope!) we should
look at the function types it uses and how to expose those to
macroexp.

> +(dolist (f '( add-hook remove-hook advice-remove advice--remove-function

Just out of curiosity, is the space after '( intentional?

Pip