Re: native compilation version on AArch64 running Debian 9.9

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: native compilation version on AArch64 running Debian 9.9
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 13:54:46 +0000

On Wednesday, 10 Mar 2021 at 15:48, Eli Gretzky wrote:
> If it just repeats the argument, it means GCC cannot find the library,
> probably because it looks in the wrong places.

Indeed.  And that's what I cannot understand and need some pointers to
see if I can fix the problem.

Emacs builds just fine without the native compilation option so
obviously gcc compiles and runs the various tests in the configure
file.  Only the jit aspect fails in finding the library.

I have looked at /etc/ld.so.conf (and .d), for instance, and everything
looks fine.  Does anybody have any suggestion as to where &/or how gcc
might be getting misinformed?

thank you,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.4 on Debian bullseye/sid