Re: native compilation version on AArch64 running Debian 9.9

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: native compilation version on AArch64 running Debian 9.9
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 15:35:34 +0000

On Wednesday, 10 Mar 2021 at 16:12, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Run the same compilation that the configure test does, but add -v to
> the GCC command-line options.  Then look at the output, which should
> show which directories are searched for libraries during the link
> step.

Okay, this helps!  I have found that Debian allowed me to install
(minor) version 8 of the libgccjit library although gcc expects version
6.  Found version 6 (from Debian oldstable aka stretch) and installed it
and I get further.  I am surprised that Debian's apt allowed me to
install the wrong version.  Interesting!

I am still having difficulties with configure and native compilation but
I now know the root of all the problems (a very hacked/fragile Debian
installation).  The problems I have now may lead me down a deep rabbit
hole (to do with mpfr library at the moment but I'm sure others will
crop up)... I will update if I ever come back out. :-)

Thank you all for your help.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.4 on Debian bullseye/sid