Re: master a6a5d6a: Move 'revert-buffer' global binding to 'C-x g g'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master a6a5d6a: Move 'revert-buffer' global binding to 'C-x g g'
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 11:22:06 -0600

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

>> The "C-x x g" part used to be "M-x revert-buffer" and therefore more
>> self-explanatory.  (This is due to subsitute-command-keys replacing the
>> "\\[revert-buffer]" with the new keybinding.)
>
> If the command has a global binding now (which I don't particularly
> like, mind you), shouldn't we advertise it?

(I was not a fan of the new binding, but that's a moot point as it now
exists.  :-))

> To make the users more aware of it.

Yes, this is reasonable.  I think we arrived at using both the
keybinding and the more didactic "M-x revert-buffer".  But I suppose the
same effect could be had by simply explaining what the key does, so this
might be situational.