Re: font-lock-fontify-block

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: font-lock-fontify-block
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 16:09:13 +0000

That its behavior is defined by its implementation.

E.g. I find the current behavior to be a bug when font-lock-mode is disabled in an elisp-mode buffer and your code would be similarly buggy.

Indeed, what I proposed would be similar to what exists. But I still don't understand: what is the bug when font-lock-mode is disabled in an elisp-mode buffer? Do I understand correctly that you would like to keep the current fontification when font-lock-mode is disabled?