Ubiquitous (format-prompt) ?

From: Gabriel
Subject: Ubiquitous (format-prompt) ?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 01:21:18 -0300

Many places do not use the new 'format-prompt' function introduced by
commit 0985c0e6c6f1da712d3a48fa88af2861bf218d60, relying on a hardcoded
value of "(default %s)". So before opening any patch, I would like to
know if 'format-prompt' should be used everywhere, when applicable, or
if there's some rationale or exception to use a hardcoded value instead?

If we go ahead and replace everything to use 'format-prompt', how can we
deal with 'read_buffer' on 'src/minibuf.c'? That's the only occurrence I
could find on a C file.

By the way, here is the full list of occurences of grepping "default %":

./test/manual/etags/el-src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/etags.el
./lisp/filesets.el
./lisp/mh-e/mh-mime.el
./lisp/mh-e/mh-seq.el
./lisp/mh-e/mh-utils.el