Re: Partial wdired (edit just filename at the point)

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Partial wdired (edit just filename at the point)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:44:22 +0100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

>         • When the code is byte-compiled, FUNCTION-OBJECT is compiled
>           into a byte-code function object (*note Byte Compilation::).
>
>         • When lexical binding is enabled, FUNCTION-OBJECT is converted
>           into a closure.  *Note Closures::.
>
>      When FUNCTION-OBJECT is a symbol and the code is byte compiled, the
>      byte-compiler will warn if that function is not defined or might
>      not be known at run time.

And we this Perl-like overloading of an operator where it has different
meanings in different contexts which makes Perl such an ugly language to
read once the code is written :-).

That is why I mean sharps are ugly.

> so you help it make faster code and it helps you avoiding stupid
> errors. That what merketing people call "win-win situation" ;-)

Yes, but marketing people don't care about other values then just
mnoney, i.e. win ^^.

I like that idea from that book about early Lisp days about simplifying
the language. Feels like CL has gone away from that idea long time ago,
and ELisp is going CL route.

Anyway, I messed up, when I sent my working code this weekend; I did
from an old laptop with old Emacs, I don't even understand why it worked
there or if I maybe send wrong version. Here is one patch that is
"almost" working: but for some reasons does not save permissions. I have
just brewed a fresh cup of coffee, so I'll see if I can see what is
wrong :).