Re: ssh_askpass on 'vc-update'

From: Gabriel
Subject: Re: ssh_askpass on 'vc-update'
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 20:25:53 -0300

> perhaps use pinentry and loopback so that gpg handles this?

Yep, I know there are some options to avoid getting a password prompt,
but I would like to know, from the Emacs development perspective, what's
the expected behavior of 'vc-update' and related command when it asks
for a password (or an interactive prompt, which is the same).

I guess it's a missing feature that we could add it, to behave in a
similar fashion to 'compile' command when running in 'comint-mode'. I
don't see a reason for 'vc-update' to not handle interactive prompts
when it's a wrapper on the top of 'compile'. I know that I could achieve
the same result by running 'git pull' on 'eshell', 'shell' or 'compile',
but if so, what's the point to have the vc commands ?!