Re: 'M-o' ('facemap-keymap') has now been removed until March 10th 2021

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 'M-o' ('facemap-keymap') has now been removed until March 10th 2021
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:14:54 -0400

> It seems that `font-lock-mode' eventually calls `font-lock-default-function'
> which calls `font-lock-mode-internal' which sets
> `font-lock-fontify-buffer-function' to `jit-lock-refontify' (in
> e.g. emacs-lisp-mode) which would explain what we're seeing?

These are internal implementation details, which depend also on things
like `font-lock-support-mode`.
I was just pointing out that your understanding of the interaction between
font-lock and the `fontified` property is not right.

And that's a problem in this discussion because the "expected" behavior
of `font-lock-fontify-block` and `font-lock-fontify-buffer` (and sadly,
to a lesser extent also `font-lock-update`) is by and large accidentally
defined by the implementation rather than by any
human-level description.

        Stefan