Re: Sv: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Sv: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to GNU ELPA?]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:02:00 +0300

> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
> Cc: Cl??ment Pit-Claudel <cpitclaudel@gmail.com>,
>   emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 13:53:02 -0700
>
> While all other things get discussed, could we perhaps have url.el be
> updated to locally bind read-process-output-max to a larger value, say
> 1mb?

I don't think this would be TRT, because that variable affects all the
communications with all the subprocesses running at that time.

To do something less blunt, we need a per-process attribute.  But that
is only justified if indeed the effect in most scenarios related to
url.el is profoundly positive.  Just seeing the improvement in one
synthetic test case is not enough for drawing project-wide conclusions
about the default behavior, IMO.