RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act o

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act on region?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 00:23:29 +0000

> > Would it be too shocking to change the default
> > behavior of some such commands, so that they would
> > do something "safer"?
>
> Yes, it would.  E.g., in my use of Emacs, region is almost never
> active.  So you in effect propose making these important editing
> commands be no-ops by default for me.

It seems you didn't read the proposal well.  I invite
you to do so.

You say (in another message) that your "use of Emacs"
means leaving `transient-mark-mode' OFF.

In that case, there would be ZERO change for you.
"These important editing commands" would continue to
behave exactly the same as now.

The proposal explicitly has NO EFFECT either:

1. For Lisp code that invokes the command non-interactively.

or

2. When `transient-mark-mode' is turned OFF.