RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act o

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act on region?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 00:24:25 +0000

> I raise this to highlight there is another 'group' of users who turn
> off transient mark mode, so any changes to these long standing defaults
> might want to consider impact on this group as well.

I repeat that anyone who turns OFF `transient-mark-mode'
would be _totally unaffected_ by what was proposed.

Likewise, Lisp code that invokes a command non-interactively
would be totally unaffected.

The effect would be only for _interactive_ use of a command,
and only when `transient-mark-mode' is turned ON.

This was quite clear from the beginning - please read what
I wrote.  I fear that perhaps Eli's quick reaction,
mischaracterizing the proposal as affecting users who turn
off `transient-mark-mode', may have affected others.