Re: Native Compilation And External Packages

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Native Compilation And External Packages
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 10:18:05 -0700

It's easier to point at my makefiles, see links below.

Here is my conjecture:

The Emacspeak build rules load  auto-generated emacspeak-loaddefs files,
that helps the compiler know about functions. When native-emacs itself
jits these, it doesn't have access to those rules.

Makefile:
https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/blob/master/lisp/Makefile#L50

To native compile all the emacspeak sources from the shell, I used this
shell script:
https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/blob/master/native#L1

and that compiles all the sources with no warnings.

However if I run native-emacs, then I get spurious warnings like the one
I reported about a defvar a couple of weeks ago and a lot more --- all
of which look spurious.

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8