Re: Tree-sitter api

From: Tuấn-Anh Nguyễn
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter api
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 23:45:46 +0700

On Sat, Sep 4, 2021 at 10:31 PM Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> wrote:
> I packaged language definitions into dynamic modules: the system is there,
> why not take advantage of it? Do you think this approach can be improved in
> some way?

The language definitions just need to come from dynamically-loadable shared
libraries. They don't have to be Emacs dynamic modules, which bring additional
unnecessary complications, e.g. build difficulty, load path pollution, or
inability to load grammar binaries from other sources like distro's package
repos. It's better to just load the shared libs directly without going through
module machinery. Use the functions in `dynlib.h`.

--
Tuấn-Anh Nguyễn
Software Engineer