Re: Organizing the NEWS file a bit better

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Organizing the NEWS file a bit better
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 13:39:48 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 08:57:39 +0200
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>, Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> > Adding a tag at the end of the same line would be a big improvement.
>
> Yes, it would certainly make editing the file easier, and help avoid
> mishaps like the above.
>
> Perhaps we could try it for Emacs 29?  If we do it soon after cutting
> the new branch, it should be easier to change it back if we find any
> reason to.

I don't understand what exactly is being proposed, can you show an
example?

In general, I dislike Org stuff that is left in the buffer (as opposed
to causing display of some reasonable faces or another visual cue).
For example, the #+begin_src..#+end_src markers are butt-ugly, IMO,
and should not be displayed in Org.  So if this is going to be
something similar, I wouldn't like it.  (Full disclosure: I do a lot
of changes in NEWS, all the time.)

I also don't really understand how the current markers are any worse
than something like "DOC:", can you explain?