Re: Gathering data on user preferences

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Gathering data on user preferences
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 12:52:32 +0000

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> I would imagine the package I'm proposing would likely leverage off some
> of the code which generates the data attached to bug reports. I also
> think it would be good to be able to mine the data which exists in bug
> reports, but have no idea how easily that could be done.

You are probably right that a separate package would provide better and
more accurate data, I just wonder what the incentive is for someone who
uses Emacs, has opinions but isn't part of any "community". Unless this
is automated, which become annoying, it seems like this is a quality vs
quantity problem -- and if that is the case, it might be more helpful to
improve the quality of the quantity (more detail in bug reports) than
improve the quantity of the quality.

--
        Philip Kaludercic