Re: "Raw" string literals for elisp

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: "Raw" string literals for elisp
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:30:48 +0200

8 sep. 2021 kl. 22.18 skrev Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>:

> For the first problem above we can/should extend our regexp syntax to
> include \t and \n as regexps that match TAB and LF respectively (that
> would also be handy when writing regexps in the minibuffer).

Wouldn't work in character alternatives without breaking compatibility.

I've used both Perl's /x and Python's re.X in raw triple-quoted strings
extensively, and they are nowhere as nice as rx.

Lisp-syntax languages really have an advantage here -- I wish I could write an
equally nice DSL in other languages. Some come close.