Helpful in Emacs?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Helpful in Emacs?
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 12:57:48 +0200

Any chance of getting Helpful, https://github.com/Wilfred/helpful, into official
Emacs? In the contributor list I see some familiar names which already
contributed to Emas, so they have signed FSF papers, but also some unkown ones
too.

I would like to have it partly because it does more than built-in help, partly
because it would also be possible to speed up autoloads (and ugly quickstart
file). Since helpful consults sources upon request for docs, there is no need to
pack docs into autoloads, which on my system resulted with heavily slimmed
quickstart file too.

I remember that some time ago both helpful and whichkey were discussed on this
list, but I have no idea what was conclusion if there was any.