Re: Helpful in Emacs?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Helpful in Emacs?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 09:11:19 +0200

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> Anyway for extracting something from helpful, there is still need
>> for original author(s) to do the fsf paperwork, and to be willing to donate
>> their code to Emacs.
>
> Indeed, that's the best starting point.  Until we can get that sorted
> out, the rest of this discussion is mostly hypothetical.
>
> I hope the authors of helpful.el are interested.

After looking into the helpful code I realize it used s.el, dash.el and some
other libraries which are not part of Emacs, so I guess chances to get it into
Emacs are slim to none, since all those packages would also need inclusion. That
might also explain the silence from the author(s)?

So the alternative is to develop similar functionality ourselves into built-in
help?