Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 14:05:26 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> The fact that both font-lock and completion in Elisp do not recognize
> '...' currently is I think a good indicator that we have not really
> made a choice regarding this syntax in comments yet, and can
> reconsider.

Yup.  And as a practical matter, a quick grep shows that we have more
than 10K lines that match ";;.*`", so the code churn would be huge.  So
changing this would mean that we lose functionality, and also makes vc
archaeology more difficult at the same time, so it's a lose-lose
proposition in my eyes.