Re: ./configure --with-native-compilation on macos (11.5.2 Big Sur)

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: ./configure --with-native-compilation on macos (11.5.2 Big Sur)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 21:06:06 +0900

> On Sep 12, 2021, at 20:59, Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> wrote:

> What this tells me is that either this simple bit of shell script
> behaves entirely differently when run interactively vs when run within
> configure, or... perhaps there's some other problem causing the
> failure further on?

Here is the error:

checking for dlfunc... no
checking for gcc_jit_context_acquire in -lgccjit... yes
checking for libgccjit.h... yes
configure: error: The installed libgccjit failed to compile and run a test
program using
the libgccjit library; see config.log for the details of the failure.
The test program can be found here:
<https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/jit/intro/tutorial01.html>.
You can try compiling it yourself to investigate the issues.
Please report the issue to your distribution if libgccjit was installed
through that.
You can find the instructions on how to compile and install libgccjit from
source on this site:
<https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/JIT>.

> Please resend config.log.

offlist.