Re: Haiku port try 2

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: Haiku port try 2
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:19:56 +0100

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 08:46:51AM +0800, Po Lu wrote:
> Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> writes:
>
> > You might want to have a look at how the NS port deals with XPMs, see
> > image.c:4714.
>
> Thanks.  I don't see anything notable at that location, or around it, so
> could you please explain in more detail?  It would be nice to use Haiku
> libXpm instead of shipping a modified copy.

Basically Macs don't come with libXpm, so there is code in image.c to
support xpm's directly. If libXpm is available then I believe it will
use it, but it means it's not a requirement.

Search for this comment:

/* XPM support functions for NS where libxpm is not available, and for
   Cairo.  Only XPM version 3 (without any extensions) is supported.  */

--
Alan Third