Re: master 5b962a7: Avoid double argument evaluation in vc-call macro

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 5b962a7: Avoid double argument evaluation in vc-call macro
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 16:52:43 +0300

On 21.09.2021 16:45, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
Lars argued that the "buggy" behaviour was explicitly documented for a
long time, so it's safer to announce it:https://bugs.gnu.org/50690#8

I was happy to oblige to tickle my megalomania and because I'm just a
poor student who can't afford to be sued.

I think the NEWS entry could be useful for someone who comes later and writes code which needs to be compatible with previous versions of Emacs: if double evaluation is a problem for them, they could at least find the NEWS entry, to see when it was fixed.

We don't usually do that for bug fixes, but since this was the documented behavior... *shrug*