Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:16:08 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> Cc: juri@linkov.net,  36767@debbugs.gnu.org,  larsi@gnus.org,
>>   emacsuser@freemail.hu
>> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:05:29 +0200
>>
>> Anyway that is one way; commands in help-mode.el need just a trivial hack to
>> make them usable from other buffers outside help-buffer. And than remap them
>> global keys, or just remap entire map as I did in example in mail.
>
> Then by all means please submit a patch along these lines.

I came up with another idea last night and sent a patch, but I am not sure if it
got to right place, I don't see it myself. It was an answer longer in the thread
to Lars.

This one makes it possible to run any command in *Help* buffer, not just those
defined in help-mode.el, and those not need any patching or wrapping of existing
commands.

I don't know if it is correct place to put define-key for the global map, and I
am not sure if C-h M-h is the right, but that's just a detail.