Re: ELPA: New package: nano-theme

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: ELPA: New package: nano-theme
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:32:55 -0700

"Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)" <nicolas.rougier@inria.fr> writes:

> Maybe I need to read the documentation on what a theme can
> set. For example, I set the face for the minibuffer (0 & 1) and
> echo area (0 & 1) and I wasn't sure how to specify this in a
> theme. Same for underline to be set at descent line, etc.

You just put the theme in two different files, and set anything you like
from that file.  You could take a look at how modus-themes does this.

> I agree this might be unconventional but since you can specify a
> font family for each face, why not use it? And user can still
> choose its own font stack.

When I switch between themes, I don't want them to have different fonts,
and have to configure it separately for each one.

I have set a font I like in my configuration, and I would like themes to
respect that setting.

>> - Lines 363ff. seem to be indented unconventionally. Maybe add a
>>   .dir-locals.el to make sure everyone is using the same
>>   whitespace
>>   configuration.
>
> Not sure what you mean by add a .dir-locals.el.
> Can you give me a pointer to the documentation?

Search for "directory local variables" in the manual and you will find
instructions there.  Or type `M-x add-dir-local-variable RET'.