Windows Binaries Release: was The emacs-28 release branch

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Windows Binaries Release: was The emacs-28 release branch
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 16:58:50 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I've cut the emacs-28 branch, in preparation for the pretest of the
> upcoming Emacs 28.1.
>
> I encourage people who track the Emacs development to please switch to
> this branch, build it and use it, so that any problems with it could
> be reported sooner rather than later.
>
> Barring any unexpected calamities, the first pretest of Emacs 28 will
> be produced from this branch in a few weeks' time.

As the release of Emacs-28 is soon, I would like to look for someone to
take over the role of producing windows releases.

I've done this job for quite a while now, since Emacs-25, when I used to
build the releases on windows partition that I had saved on an machine I
use for running Kodi in my living room. Since then, it has gone virtual,
the process has become mostly automatic, dependencies have been included
by default and there is an exe installer.

It is not a huge amount of work to just roll the releases but especially
after the last year, it's a more than I have time for.

In addition, there are a number of things that could be added: an msi or
msix installer, support for native comp. I cannot see having the time
for this into the foreseable future.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Happy to take anyone through the
process and provide as much support as I can.

Phil